Friday, August 11, 2006

Yup, I'm bored...and a dork

One of my claims to fame is that I can list the kings and queens of England/Britain in chronogical order from William the Conqueror to Elizabeth II, currently with a 100 year gap in the middle (but I'm working on slimming it). And because I don't have anything else to do (that's a lie: don't feel like doing anything productive) I will list them here for your enlightenment (off the top of my head):

William I (the Conqueror)
William II
Henry I
Stephen
Henry II
Richard I
John
Henry III
Edward I (the Longshanks)
Edward II
Edward III
...gap (I do know that there were 3 Henrys, 2 Richards and 2 Edwards, but the order is unknown)...
Henry VII
Henry VIII (and his 6 wives: Catherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn, Jane Seymour, Anne of Cleves, Catherine Howard, and Catherine Parr)
Edward VI
(Bloody) Mary I
Elizabeth I
James I
Charles I
Interregnum (12 years of no king, after Charles lost his head)
Charles II
James II
William III (of Orange) & Mary II
Anne
George I
George II
George III
George IV
William IV
Victoria
Edward VII
George V
Edward VIII
George VI
Elizabeth II
(Charles III)
(William V)

If you would also like to memorize the British monarchs, as I'm sure you all are, I have inserted a link to the monarchy's website to the right of this very post (in the sidebar that is).

2 comments:

sdouma said...

Okay, so you are a nerd indeed, but I'm still impressed.

Margaret said...

Very impressive. My mind doesn't retain those kind of details, so whenever I meet someone who has a talent for remembering names and dates and orders, I'm quite in awe. When do you arrive?