Friday, November 10, 2006

Paper Done....Let's Go Drinking!!

It has been some time since I last just posted something about life. I just finished my first significant research paper of my Regent career. The last two days I have been locked in my room in front of my laptop, wrestling my topic into 1500 words. It's not very good but at least its out of the way and now I know for later how not to go about writing a paper. Its been a while since I've written one and I'm afraid to say I'm somewhat rusty. The paper was only five pages. Apparently I wrote it on the Iona monastery and its place in history of Christianity. My problem is that I'm so used to writing history papers that even when I'm not supposed to write a history paper I end up writing a history paper. As a result of this I feel that I get too hung up on details of events and then explaining these details soon take up my alloted amount of words. Well how do you say anything of substance in five pages anyways. Hopefully whoever's marking my paper is in a good mood and doesn't know much about Iona. That always helps, I find.

4 comments:

sdouma said...

It's not easy stuff - especially when you're out of practice.
So what you're really saying is that you hope that Iona is beyond the ken of your instructor...

My dad just got back from a week at Iona and loved it. I think it it was just what he needed. Once a week they do a hike around the island. I think he thought that was something else. Very refreshing for the soul...

Margaret said...

hey there Matt, whatcha doing this weekend? I guess I could email/phone you, too.

tamara noelle said...

Miss you Matt!!

maria enns said...

Matt Matt Matt...
what UP brother matt...?

sounds like BC treats you well.
your writting style is quite strong... I would like to say, that I shall frequent this page, as I find the posts, MOST interesting!

excellent picture by the way. The pipe is fantastic.

cheers!

mj.